Through our technical expertise, All Polishing & Plating has developed in-house capabilities to accommodate customers looking to complete a variety of special projects:
- Antique keepsakes
- Boat fixtures
- Car bumpers, headlights, grills and other car parts
- Door handles
- Motorcycle handlebars, headlights and motor pieces
- Radiator shells
- Window posts
- AND MORE... JUST ASK!
SURFACES WE PLATE
Each piece comes with its own set of characteristics. At All Polishing & Plating, we are experienced at (i) repairing, (ii) polishing and (iii) plating the following:
We understand that not every piece is in the same condition. To the extent that your part needs to be refurbished / welded before the chroming process begins, we are fully capable of providing this service.
We are deeply committed to doing things right. As a customer of All Polishing & Plating, rest assured that you can count on us, as businesses and individuals have for over 30 years. We rely on our reputation and are proud of what we have accomplished with the support of our customers.
- STRIPPING - Before any repair work can begin, any existing contaminants must be removed from the surface. We remove any existing nickel, chrome, grease, dirt, etc. from the surface using a safe and proven chemical process.
- SURFACE RESTORATION - After the "Stripping" process is complete, we begin to focus on the integrity of the surface itself. As a result, welding, grinding and sanding are necessary steps to ensure the consistency across the product's surface, so the polishing and plating processes are completed with success.
- POLISHING - As a final step to ensure there are no contaminants after the "Stripping" and "Surface Restoration" processes are completed, we buff each surface to a mirror-like finish.
- PLATING - After a thorough evaluation process of steps 1-3, we begin the plating (or chroming) process. While the plating process is dependent upon the type of metal the product is made of, we typically provide 3 layers of coating. These layers include:
(a) one layer of chrome / dull nickel
(b) one layer of bright nickel, and
(c) a chroming bath
This process can be repeated to ensure the quality and consistency of the final product meets the standards of All Polishing & Plating, as well as the expectations of our customers.
- FINAL INSPECTION - Upon release of the "Plating" process, a representative from our store will have one final inspection before calling you. Upon delivery of the final product, our representative will also walk through the work that has been completed and aim to receive a verbal confirmation that we've met your expectations.